Friday

Wood is Beautiful



Marina Chevron necklace in Maple, Bloodwood and Rosewood

Do you love wood as much as I do? I typically have an issue with mixed woods, though. I think it can easily look tacky. But here is how to do it well! Look at that beautiful mix of wood tones in the Marina Chevron Necklace ($88) by Amy Bengtson above. By using a dark brown wood with blackened streaks and a blueish undertone and mixing it with a red wood and a light white, the result is really interesting and captivating and not at all tacky. I also love that we're keeping with the chevron trend in a very timeless way!

Bling On!
- Laura

PS - do you see the other beauties in Amy's shop?! I might die.... everything is *so* beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Love your idea for a blog with new jewelry every day. I work for my dad's custom design jewelry studio & I think I need to start up a similar blog for his business sometime soon. Very inspiring!

    Also, lovin' the chevrons right with you. I'm hoping to do a chevron-shaped project for a front window, which I alluded to in a blog post on my blog today too. But this necklace would make me very happy until then! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!